Thursday 13 March 2014

Announcing our Be the Boss of February Winner

Congratulations to Umairah Mohammed who is our Boss of February!

Umairah did a fantastic job of deciding how she wanted to get the most out of her wellbeing for the month, and has influenced others around her to make progress while using their support to maintain her own motivation.

You can read her story below - we're very impressed... 

What lifestyle changes did you make during February?  

Ensuring I stick to 2 sessions per week of exercise. Try to do more but have successfully exercised twice a week. Attend the office gym with colleagues where we motivate each other to go. 

How did these changes benefit you and those around you (family, friends, and colleagues)?

Generally feel better in myself just knowing that I am doing exercise, it’s definitely setting a good example for my kids who are 15 & 17½ so at a age where they should be doing more activities. 

With colleagues there are a few of us who do the gym classes together now, so it helps us push each other. The key thing I’ve understood is that it’s better that I continuously do a bit of exercise rather than go crazy for a few months & then give up. 

Did anything get in the way of your wellbeing during February?
No

Did you find the daily tips helpful?
Yes, and I forwarded them to a few colleagues/family/son. Useful things like eating habits/ sleeping habits. Even though we know a lot of this stuff it was good to get reminders so that we didn’t lose focus.

Well done again.

We also received some great feedback on the programme from people who took part, including the comments below.  It's great to know the programme made a real difference.

'I’ve found your emails truly inspiring and helpful.  I’d be really happy to continue receiving any kinds of tips available. It’s been one of the best things about my mornings in February – starting off with the daily tips.

'The Tonic absolutely made a difference to my February!  This is normally the most difficult time of year for me….for some reason, it’s always the last week of February but this year was different.  With the daily ‘Be The Boss of February’ updates, I felt motivated, hopeful and as we have moved into March, I have started to regain control of life, paying particularly attention to healthy eating and a biggie for me, re-introducing exercise!! Thank you!!'

No comments: