Tuesday 12 March 2013

Inspiring Wellness Success Stories 8

'Small steps and consistency' are the secrets of wellbeing success for the latest case study in our series.  Applying this approach he feels 'much stronger, more stress resistant, more awake, feel better, have more fun'

What's also good to know is that wellbeing, though not necessarily always the sole focus of a leadership programme, can make the event memorable and leave a long- lasting impression.


'Honestly, yours and your team's sessions was the one lasting, still lasting. I appreciate your efforts.'  


That's always great for us to hear.  Here are the details of this chap's progress:


The date of the wellbeing programme you attended
  • Autumn of 2011
The lifestyle changes you made during and following the programme
  • I got back to training, stick to minimum 3 times per week for the last year and a half. Finished a half marathon in 1.46 (previous best was 7 years ago at 1.55 when I stopped training)
  • I have lost 10 pounds
  • Key experience: I do not train a lot but I train very focused
  • I think of what I eat and make sure I eat in between meals. Small fruit, nuts, drink water.  
The secrets of your success with wellbeing
  • Small steps, consistency.  Start with one day, add two days, it takes time, no need to rush to 5 days training per week.
  • I eat well, very well, but I take a look at the menu and make sure my choices are balanced
What advice that you received made the greatest impact on you?
  • First, I joined the sessions in the park and enjoyed it (as pictured). This was key.
  • Second, persistence, it is not a one time thing.  Your team gave 100%. A privilege
  • Third, the food advice worked. Theory and practise
The biggest benefits of making your lifestyle changes?
  • Kick ass at work, you should see the others after a 12 hour day :)
  • Jokes aside, I am much stronger, more stress resistant, more awake, feel better, have more fun
Anything that got in the way of success with wellbeing
  • Sometimes hard to find training time, but then I check my mindset and I can always find 20 minutes
When wellbeing is working for you, what are the key elements that make the difference?  
  • in addition to above, always a good breakfast
Read the previous instalment of our wellness success stories


No comments: