Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sleep More, Get Active, Lose Weight

Here’s a great story from one of our participants who made some resolutions on April 29.  Look how far they’ve come in such a short time. 

Inspiration for us all!

'Great to hear from you. Your email sparked renewed energy to pursue my objectives, now I know someone is watching!

You will be pleased to know that I have done well to keep to my goals and had the support of several of my fellow delegates whom I have shared my transformation and progress with.

I have been able to increase my sleep from 4 hours daily to at least 6 hours of proper sleep. This does leave me lethargic towards the latter part of my day but I’m happy with the overall progress.

I have stuck to my pre-sleep routine of slowing down my mind from 2130, by:
  • Stopping any engagement with electronics, work, house chores and reading
  • Shutting down the lights in the house and laying down to unwind
  • Listening to soft music in a passive state
  • At 2200 I allow myself to fall asleep
I do miss a day or two per week but I manage to get back on track.

I have not managed to stop drinking coffee all together but I have reduced my intake to only one cup, first thing in the morning, before work. Furthermore I consume only one additional cup of rooibos tea during the day. So, I’m well on track to be free from caffeine before I see you again.

Finally I have increased my fitness discipline and have lost 3.5kg in four weeks. I have signed up with a personal trainer to strengthen my core and trim my muscles in addition to cycling.  

Thank you for checking in, it’s great encouragement. See you in a few weeks.'

We want to ensure you achieve quick results with your wellbeing objectives.  Follow us on Twitter for regular motivation, inspiration and success stories.

No comments: