Monday 26 January 2015

Wellness Determination and a Great Result

On the day when experts are saying that current exercise recommendations are 'unrealistic for most', I received a great note from a lady who attended a programme we worked on a couple of years ago:

'Back in the old days when I was a participant, fresh from having a baby, you may recall me mentioning I couldn’t run 100m and wanted to work on that.  

WELL, while it took longer than I had hoped, thanks to the joys of an overfull workday, I DID run my first 10K this past weekend at the Standard Chartered marathon in Dubai.  Slow as hell but hey, I have a time to beat now J'

Brilliant.  It just goes to show that with a clear goal and a bit of determination, great things are possible.  Take a moment today to check that your wellness goals are specific, exciting and framed with a deadline.  Plan what you will do this week to move closer to your goals and you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.

Good luck.

No comments: