Wednesday 17 December 2014

Get Ahead with Your Healthy Living New Year Resolutions

Given that many people set themselves New Year resolutions relating to their health and wellbeing, we thought we'd help everyone get one step ahead by thinking about some simple steps to take for the next couple of weeks to help get you through the festive season feeling great and set you up for a healthy 2015.

Here's a short report from a recent workshop participant that might motivate you to focus on the little things you can do, starting today, that will lead to dramatic wellness benefits...

‘The good news is…I am much more aware of hydration and have cut down on the amount of sugary cordials and squash I have in my water.  I carry water with me whenever I am out.

I am eating breakfast from your list every day and have migrated my snacks and dinners to be off the list 80% of the time too.

I’m doing the sleep calculation and finding that 7.5 hours is indeed better than 8 hours. Well, actually for me it is about 7 hrs 40 mins so I just set my alarm for 7 hrs and 45 mins time and wake up before it most days. Hooray.

I’m also incorporating HIITS (through circuits, hills or sprint intervals) into my workouts 2-3 times per week.

The sum total impact of these changes is that my energy in general, and especially for running, is massively improved and I have had fewer headaches.  

I have definitely reaped rewards from some small changes.  Thanks for your input and help, it has helped a whole lot.’

No comments: