Thursday 16 January 2014

More Wellness Changes Paying Dividends in 2014

Earlier this week we shared some simple lifestyle changes that a few of our workshop participants had implemented over recent weeks and already benefited from hugely in 2014.  

A number of you said that you found the information useful as a top-up to your New Year motivation so here are some more success stories from individuals who decided in early December to give a higher priority to their health and wellbeing.

'I have made several small steps that have helped me massively.  I wake up 15 minutes earlier to give me time for a good breakfast and I began taking 5 smaller meals and snacks through the day.  I've increased my fruit intake, added nuts to my routine and am much better at staying hydrated.  I still ride my bike to work and have added some swimming to my weekly routine.  I no longer allow my phone into the bedroom which helps me unwind more easily at the end of the day and I sleep better.'

'Unbelievably I've lost 3.5kg since Christmas.  I feel much better.  I joined a gym and have been 2-3 times each week.  I'm drinking more water and less coffee and have slept at least 7 hours every night.'

'Eating more regular, smaller meals has given me steady energy levels leading to better concentration and more sustainable effectiveness at work and home.  I stay hydrated, have reduced my sugar intake, I'm using an App to count my daily steps and I'm getting back into running as part of my exercise routine.'

No comments: